1.25" hitch for bike rack recommendos

Is the 1.25" Hidden Hitch as good as any for holding a bike rack on the Outback wag or is there a "right one" to get? We will not be towing with this vehicle. While I'm asking does anyone have a hitch mount bike rack they can recommend? I'm liking the looks/build/functionality of the Thule T2. Thanks.

Reply to
seasick

I got the Subaru accessory (2 bike, folding 1.25" hitch-mount) very securable, solid, not fussy.

Reply to
Grolch

I have the 1upusa rack.

and it is a work of art! (costs as much too.) Got longer arms at no additional charge for my recumbent. I use it in my Subaru hitch I bought with my car. I've heard nothing but good about the hitches from etrailer - I THINK Hidden Hitch is one of them - maybe Drawtite is the other? Also, an online discount dealer like
could ship you the Sube one. Probably less than an hour to install.

fyi

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

That 1upusa rack looks amazing. It folds up to almost nothing but, as you've noted, it's not free. Thanks for the links. I'll have to take a closer look at the Subie hitch.

Reply to
seasick

I think I have a poor angle photo of mine;

As you can see, it is on a WRX. It also clears my after market muffler. It came with a nice 'plug' for the opening, drawbar and pin(no ball of course) and the trailer light cable installed. Dunno if those are included with the purchase-probably are, email Jamie at subarugenuineparts.com .

Probably find photos and other experiences by searching the forums at

, legacycentral , etc.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Get the subaru roof rack. Hitch racks suck!!!!!

Reply to
bigjim

The One Up rack looks well thought out. I like the type of rack where you can fold away the rack to open the rear gate with the bikes still on the rack. The Subaru supplied one does this.

Reply to
Grolch

I can open my hatch with the rack in place(the 2" to 1 1/4" adapter moves it out enough for this), or drop it down. Not quite as good as if it swung to the side or something.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Are there any reasonable images of the Subie rack out there in the 'net world? I'd like to look into that one before making a final move.

Reply to
seasick