10yr/250,000mi warranty??

I saw the local Mazda/Subaru Dealership offering a 10 Year / 250,000 mile warranty with the sale of a new Subaru or Mazda. Unfortunately I swung through the lot after closing hours but all the new vehicles had tags in the window. Is this just a promotional thing for this region (Winchester, VA/Northern VA) or is this something Mazda or Subaru is offering? Or at it's worse, is this something you pay out the rear for?

Reply to
B. Walker

Never heard of such a warranty.

Marc Sindell Twin City Subaru Sales Montpelier Vermont

Reply to
marcus153

The Ken Garff dealerships, in Salt Lake offer a 10 Year/250k warranty with all makes that they sell...Nissan, Volvo, etc. It seems to just be a sales tool, used with the knowledge that most people trade card every few years. I am curious to what the fine print reads, and what the maintenance requirements are. I don't think I've heard any of the SLC Subaru dealerships offering such a warranty.

Whatever sells cars I guess.