15" rims on 2010 outback

I'm considering a 2010 Outback. I'm wondering if my old 15" rims will fit on the Outback. I know I'd have to get new tires, but will the rims fit over the brakes. Anyone tried?

Aside from the small lag in the response from the throttle, I kinda like the CVT. Stated mileage is pretty impressive.

Reply to
Chicobiker

I really doubt it. Easy enough to determine. Just pop one of the 15" rim on the 2010.

Reply to
johninky

Some Soobs went to a different spacing on the pattern. And their could be a different offset. You might ask over in the wheel/tire forum at

.

Carl

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

TireRack sez no; 16in and up. Probably issues with clearance for the front brake calipers.

Subaru didn't have much luck with their last CVT. I think I'd take a wait and see position on this one :-)

ByeBye! S. Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager Microelectronics Research University of Colorado (719) 262-3101

If it's a JATCO-FHI deal, it could be no worse than the CVT that's in the Nissan Murano I guess. One tech that writes here occasionally said he went to school on it and there's 30% fewer moving parts.

we'll see.........

Carl

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Nissan has enough confidence in the CVTs it uses that a few of its cars come standard with it, or are ONLY available with it. However, I do not know if subaru uses the same suppier that Nissan does. I do remember seeing somewhere that Nissan's CVTs can handle more torque than any other manufacturer's CVTs. That suggests to me that they don't, or the author should have said "Nissan and Subaru's" instead of just "Nissan's". But then again, the author might not be the most informed person I can't remember where I read that though.

Reply to
weelliott

Read up on JATCO. They make transmissions for about 5 or so Japanese manufacturers including Subaru. Exactly how much input Subaru has vs the other carmakers, I dunno. It's that whole ;keiretsu' thing they have I guess.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan