1988 GL 1800 diagnostic connectors

Can anyone here tell me how the diagnostic connections work on my 1988 GL Wagon? It has an 1800 with single port injection. I know about the LED on the unit under the steering column and I have a list of codes from the "Taterhead" post of years past. What I don't know about are the details about the connectors by the left strut tower. To the engine compartment left at the firewall, by the strut tower and the fuel filter, there is a long black multi-pin connector, two white single pin connectors, and two green single pin connectors. I'm uncertain if there is another. What do the pins of the black connector do? Which connectors are connected for "Read Memory" mode and which for "Test Mode"? What should be connected for normal everyday driving? And finally, how are codes cleared?

Thanks all, Aron

Reply to
Aron