1990 Legacy Stop Lamp dash warning light

Recently purhased a '90 Legacy as backup transportation. Was driving today and the "Stop Lamp" dash light came on. Anyone know what warning this is for? I do not have the owners manual. Is it the brakes?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Bluto

Back up to a window, brake and check your stop lights in the mirror. One's probably blown. If not, check for globe clouding or corrosion on one or both bulb bases & replace the offenidng one. Should fix your problem. Can't hurt. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Reply to
Tiberius

I don't know what it is for, but I know how you can get it to stop bothering you. Trade up to a newer model.

Reply to
kstahl