1990 Legacy sunroof glass

Some one sat on my car and broke the sunroof. Looking for a replacement, salvage is good. Its a factory sunroof on an LS Sedan. Does anyone know where to find one?

Reply to
glowing_hands

I know of one LS wagon in a local wrecking yard (TN). Thinking it is a 91 or 92 model. Has the air suspension also. Probably has the sunroof but never looked that closely. What's it worth to you?

Reply to
johninky

My son just had his blown out by a rock earlier this year. Due to rainy season in Baton Rouge he had to get to a dealer and it was costly. As I recall it came out of some supply depot in the midwest. Insurance if you have coverage will cover most of it.

Reply to
birder

Salvage yards are good places but not if you require a repair immediately unless they just happen to have your particular year and model. Some even specialize, like dealing only in cars that are over

10 years old, making it handy to find your particular oldie rather than having to call around a bunch of places. One is close to me
and even have their inventory online. When I see a 92-94 year in my model show up there, I plan the next weekend to go see what I might want to yank out. The older their inventory, the less likely that I'll find what I want (because they often get stripped within a couple weeks of the good stuff). You might find such a place in your area. Start looking up the salvage yards in your area. Of course, you have to do all the work to pulling the parts.

Another place that I try (but haven't been successful yet) is

They are also local to me but have several US locations. However, they don't carry a large line of parts plus they don't take orders. You get what they have in stock. If it is not in stock, you wait and call every couple weeks to find out if they got it in. Again, not a good choice if you need the repair started now. Sure beats having to pay a high shipping cost on, say, a fender, though, *if* they have it. I didn't see they listed a sunroof.

Reply to
VanguardLH