1990 Subaru Legacy

I just bought a used 1990 Subaru Legacy in great condition. Front wheel drive, Auto transmission. Does anyone know what the RED BUTTON in front of the shift lever is used for? Steve

Reply to
steve&jake

Auto transmission. Does anyone know what the RED BUTTON in front of the shift lever is used for?

SELF DESTRUCT with a 60 second countdown!!!

Reply to
ceraboy

On my 1991 Legacy, the button, when pushed allows you to move the gear shift to any position without the ignition being engaged. Be sure to press your brake when you do this.

Reply to
coldcut414