1990 Subaru Legacy Hesitation / Check Engine problem PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I have a 1990 Subaru Legacy 2.2 non-turbo automatic transmission car with 125k on it. Recently the car has been a little hesitant off the start - almost feels like it is about to stall when I initially step on the gas leaving a red light or a stop sign. The check engine light has come on and off intermittantly since I bought the car. If it comes on a simple turning off the car and restarting gets rid of it.

Yesterday however the car started driving horrible. It seems to have NO power at all. Almost feels like the car is running on three cylinders. It will go through phases where it spits, sputters, and backfires then "catches" and seems to run ok but still does not have the power it should - struggling up hills, etc. I am going to replace the fuel and air filter tonight as well as add a fuel injector cleaner with a tank full of premium.

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem and does anyone out there have a list of subaru diagnostic codes so I do not have to purchase the entire manual? Thanks!!

struggling,

Lucas

Reply to
Lucas

Cap,rotor, wires, plugs...or any that apply. TG

Reply to
TG

Lucas, This page may be of help:

I had a link to another one, but it appears to have been taken offline.

Cheers, Paul.

Lucas wrote:

Reply to
paul