1992 legacy turbo 5 speed swap

Hello, I'm in the process of getting a winter car right now, and I came across a pretty decent 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo AWD. The car is fine in alomst every aspect. That's right, there's an automatic hooked up to the engine instead of a manual.

Anyway, I'm just trying to find out what's required to do a 5 speed swap in this car.

Here's what I know I need:

The 5 speed gearbox (from an awd legacy only correct? A fwd tranny won't fit?) The front axles (I assume they differ from the auto axles?) The shifter and all trim accessories The guage cluster, maybe (I doubt it's necessary, but the auto gear selection shows in the cluster)

Besides this, is there anything else I'll need?

If I found an AWD Legacy (non-turbo) 5 speed parts car, would it have everything I'd need?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike