1999 Subaru with Engine Light

My 1999 (92,000 miles) Subaru Outback?s engine light came on about a month ago. It also lost power. I took it to my mechanic and it was determined that the idle solenoid needed to be replaced. After it was replaced, the engine light continued to come on?not all of the time, but several days a week. The car also had intermitted loss of power as well. Yesterday, they went ahead and replaced the computer today it continues to have the exact same symptoms. My mechanic is a good guy and he has not charged me since the original repair. Any ideas?

Reply to
Eyolfson

Edward Hayes

Mine had the same symptoms and it was the Knock Sensor. Save your self a lot of bother and got get someone to read the codes who know what they mean.....either dealer or other mechanic.

Reply to
Creative