2000 Forester headlight switch

The headlight switch on my 2000 Forester (on the end of the turn signal stalk) is getting progressively more flakey - when I use the turn signals or wiggle the switch the headlights flicker off and on. The problem seems localized to the switch/knob portion (i.e. not down in the steering column or wiring).

Can someone provide some hints on how to take apart or remove the switch assembly so I can either fix the loose connection or replace the switch?

Thanks!

Mike Blackwell

Reply to
mkblackwell

Warranty?

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

2000 forester. It's now 2005, nearly 2006. You could assume it's out of warranty. Especially if the bloke is asking how to dismantle the steering column.

Take it back to subaru, ask for a new column stalk, get them to install it, pay the cash, and enjoy years of reliable usage.

AFAIK, you cannot pull them apart - it's a sealed unit. Every car I've dismantled either had a plug/socket at the end of the stalk, or was hardwired. None of the stalks has had screws in it or any kind of join.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Part # 83118FC030 (Dealer price) $79.95 us.

Combination light switch module just plugs in, two small screws secure it. Very easy to replace,once you get the cover off. The module is all plastic with some metal contacts, not fixable in my opinion.

Reply to
TrAsK