2000 Legacy: Radio stays on after engine shut off

Hello

The radio in my Legacy 2000 stays on for a few seconds after the engine is shut off, even after the key is removed. I installed the radio, a Blaupunkt w/CD I already had, back in June using a wiring harness bought at a local auto radio shop but only noticed this a few weeks ago.

As anyone seen this?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

Edward Hayes

Hum... Could you reword that?

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

Ok, makes sense...

Thanks a lot for the answers, RWM and Edward.

nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

I recently was driving a new company care (a 2003 GM) and noted that the radio in it did not turn off for about 5 (?) minutes after I turned off the key, it would also not stay on for more then 30 (?) minutes with the engine off. Maybe your's has a similar setup

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Just to conclude, I did a few tests today: The radio shuts off right away if the wipers are in use, if the seat heater is in use, or if something is plugged in the lighter. It had not happened before because I kept an iPod power adaptor plugged in the lighter all the time, which I started to unplug when unused a few weeks ago...

Thanks to all who provided info.

Nicolas

P.s. Wonder why the factory radio doesn't do that... :)

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

My guess would be that the aftermarket radio has a capacitor (sp?) built into it that stores enough energy for the few extra seconds of play.....

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Edward Hayes