2000 Outback Ltd. purchase?

I came across a private seller, 1 owner, non-smoker, Outback Limited Edition wagon. The asking price is $11,700, the blue book value is at $11,900. The stats on the vehicle are the following copied from the ad in AutoTrader. (Yes I know some of those are a given standard in any Outback). My question is, would the price tag be worth it for what the asking price is? Carfax also checks the VIN cleanly.

a.. Power Steering b.. Power Brakes c.. ABS d.. Power Door Locks e.. Power Windows f.. Power 6-Way Driver Seat w/Lumbar g.. 4-Speaker Audio System, AM/FM Stereo/Cassette h.. Heated Seats i.. Air Conditioning j.. Tilt Steering Wheel k.. Cruise Control l.. Alloy Wheels m.. Interval Wipers, Rear Defroster n.. Front Bucket Seats o.. Keyless Entry p.. Dual Air Bags; Passenger and Driver side Air Bags q.. Wood Trim Interior r.. Leather Wrap Steering Wheel s.. Permanently-Engaged All-Wheel Drive System t.. New Brakes; New Tires; New Inspection; Tow Hitch; u.. Original Owner; 71150 miles.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Options on those included leather seats, sunroof (or two sunroofs), CD changer, side-view mirror defrosters, front wiper defroster thing, etc. For that price, it would be nice to see all of these on there.

-John O

Reply to
John O

I also contacted the seller again regarding those 'missing' items, and they are available. The lady whom appears to be an older lady is selling it so it wouldn't surprise me if some of those features/options got left out in having someone setup the info on the websites.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

The concern I would have due to milage is you're going to have a sizable expense coming up at 105k miles for the timing belt and related items. On a 00 model I'd also be somewhat concerned about the likelihood of a failed head gasket within the next 50k miles.

Paid $12k for my 00 OBW 2 yrs ago and it had 113k mile on it at the time. HG did go out at 123k miles and belt hadn't been changed when I bought the car.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

paid $7k year ago for my 00 OBW Ltd. and it had 118k miles on odo. HG did go out under original owner at 50k miles - timing belt was replaced, too at that time with OEM part by Subaru dealer ( car was on warranty); my HGs are weeping oil and coolant now ( seasonally - more coolant in the winter and more oil in the summer) but as long as i keep an eye on levels, I'm fine and I'm not going to pay thousands for that repair; actually i do not have to add oil between oil changes and I only added a cup maybe of coolant after driving about 7k miles; generally I'm very happy with my Outback - other, than HG weeps the car is mechanically perfect and interior and exterior was immaculate when I bought it; it still smells new :)

Reply to
daszkiew2000

The 2000 Subaru had terrible problems with head gaskets.. and being a SECOND OWNER you may not get the 1/2 back of the $2K to fix it. Google subaru head gaskets and find all the problems. Unless she had it done... avoid. Had a friend that took care of his 2000, always at dealer for everything. At

65K head gasket, out of his pocket untill many months later when all the others went bad and he got 1/2 of it back after many letters to Subaru.

Reply to
M. Butkus