2001 Forester remote programming

I recently bought a 2001 Forester. The owners manual that came in the glove box is for a 2000 Forester and it shows different remotes (they look like Code Alarm remotes)than the ones I have (look like Alpine remotes) for the car. The remotes I have for the Forester look just like the remotes for my

2002 Impreza. I tried using the replacement remote programming procedure described in the Impreza manual-- open/close door/key on off 10 times/open door/press button on remote to program-- and nothing. Can some one tell me the procedure to put a 2001 Forester's security/keyless entry system into programing mode. Thanks

Steve

Reply to
SuperPoo

I answered my own question-- it programs just like my 2002 Impreza. I just must have done something wrong the first 6 times.

Reply to
SuperPoo