2001 Outback knock sensor replacement on the 2.5l engine

Threaded View

I have a trouble code that keeps coming up.  P0328 Knock sensor bank
one.  Where is this on the engine and is it an easy replacement?  Also
where can I get an engine diagram for this car.   :?

Thread archive:
Re: 2001 Outback knock sensor replacement on the 2.5l engine

Not sure on a 2001?  On my 1996 Outback it is easy to get to.  And
inline fuse "dilly"
that is on the top roughly center.  You'll have to see one to know
what to look for.
I've been having the Knock Sensor From Hell problem with my 1996!
Apparently, my lifters
(and other various internal engine noises) are causing my sensor to be
perpetually tripped,
which causes the car to run like dog doo ALL of the time ;-(  They say
nothing short of an
engine overhaul will fix it.  Count your blessings ;-)
jimmy

Re: 2001 Outback knock sensor replacement on the 2.5l engine

On my son's car, which is a '99 but has a '01 engine, there is only
one knock sensor. It is on the driver's side of the engine, in the
'valley' on top of the block, with a connector running into it. Take a
look here -

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/Subaru/P8270008.jpg

Dan D
'99 Impreza 2.5 RS