2002 Outback V6 pulsating brakes

The brakes pulsate and grab. Rotars were turned on front at 23K. At 33K brake pads are cracked and rotars worn; both are being replaced under warranty. Is this common on Subarus? What can I expect in the future? My VW Rabbit went

203K, Honda Civic 127K and still kicking, and Ford Aerostar 114K all with no such problems, so I don't think it is caused by my driving habits. Input? Thank you!
Reply to
lmad

I have 39K on my H-6 LLBean. Rotors are fine and I still have

5/32" left on the front pads.

Maybe you are one of those drivers that are constantly on the gas until you have to stop, then have to brake harder to slow down in time. There is a fine art to "coasting"............... :-p

Reply to
Skweezieweezie

I have a 2002 VDC with no similar problem (34k miles). The only time I notice anything with the brakes is the ABS vibration when I apply the pedal in the rain. I've had no brake work done so far on this car.

brake pads are cracked and rotars worn; both are being replaced under warranty. Is this common on Subarus? What can I expect in the future? My VW Rabbit went 203K, Honda Civic 127K and still kicking, and Ford Aerostar

114K all with no such problems, so I don't think it is caused by my driving habits. Input? Thank you! >
Reply to
John M.

33K brake >pads are cracked and rotars worn; both are being replaced under warranty. Is this >common on Subarus? What can I expect in the future? My VW Rabbit went 203K, >Honda Civic 127K and still kicking, and Ford Aerostar 114K all with no such problems, >so I don't think it is caused by my driving habits. Input? Thank you!

Some clown probably overtightened the lug nuts. _Always_ use a torque wrench and tighten in 2-3 stages.

By the way, all Subarus of recent vintage have opposed engines...there are no V-6's :-)

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

Interesting,...My brakes on my 00 OB started pulsating at 20K miles and stayed that way until I bit the bullet and had them turned at 40K plus replacing the pads. The reason that I believe it happened was because I rotated the tires in my garage at about 19 K and didn't know I had to equally torque all the lug nuts to 60 Lbs. They went downhill in a rush after that. I retorqued them at about 22K but most of the damage was already done. Who rotates your tires and have you watched him do it? I now have 60K on the car and it still breaks smooth as silk.

Regards, Jim Lofgren

brake pads are cracked and rotars worn; both are being replaced under warranty. Is this common on Subarus? What can I expect in the future? My VW Rabbit went 203K, Honda Civic 127K and still kicking, and Ford Aerostar

114K all with no such problems, so I don't think it is caused by my driving habits. Input? Thank you! >
Reply to
Jim Lofgren

Of course they do... where did someone mention a V-6? John

PS I could be mistaken, but I don't think vintage has anything to do with it... Subaru has always produced horizontal engines.

Reply to
John M.

Oops! Nevermind... I see that the original poster had V6 in the subject line... for shame!

Reply to
John M.

Subaru 360. Inline 2-cylinder, 2-stroke. I think it was the first Subaru imported in to the USA.

Reply to
David

This has happened in two subies I've owned. 00 legacy sedan and 02 outback wagon.

Reply to
Mike Diggler