2003 Subaru 6 disc dc player problems

My Cd player just went kaput. Does anyone know of defects or problems with this model? Does anyone know if the 6 disc cd/cassette player from a WRX/STI or forester is compatable?

Reply to
JGP

You don't say what model Subaru you have. The WRX CD changer/cassette deck fits in the 2000-2004 Outback wagons (and sedans, I assume). It's a double-DIN setup, so you'd have to remove both stock units in your dash.

Search the archives for lots of posts (some by me) regarding installing one of the WRX units. It's pretty easy if you have basic mechanical skils, and the units are still easy to find on eBay for reasonable prices.

Reply to
BrianW
04 OBW LLBean. Had a problem with mine- replced under waranttee- BUT, to turn it back on, I believe I pressed the CD eject button. I'm not sure, so play around with the buttons.

Reply to
Owlyn

The player has progressively getting worse. First not reading a disc when I loaded and the now it does not read any discs at all. Did you have the same problem? Mine is the outback wagon with the premium sound system changer, etc.

Reply to
JGP

Probably blew a head gasket.

Reply to