2003 WRX Engine Noise

I have about 9,000 miles on my 2003 WRX. Just recently, I started hearing a lifter like noise between 2,000 and 3,500 RPM. I think that something besides the lifters is making noise as it is vibrated by the engine because the noise is inconsistent in frequency. It appears that the noise goes away when I grab my STI titanium shifter knob tightly. However, I can not feel any slop in the shifter. Has anyone else experienced this noise?

Thanks,

Mike Zimnawoda [ snipped-for-privacy@bluemarble.net]

Reply to
Mike & Debbie Zimnawoda

Put the factory shifter knob on and see if it goes away (:

Reply to
Jim Stewart