2004 Forester - Easily dented door panels

I've had my Forester about a year now. No complaints except that there are numerous small dings in the rear door panels at the upper bulge. This is an area where other car doors normaly wouldn't touch so I can't understand the cause. It seems that the door skins are particularily thin and even a light touch with an ice-scraper or something may cause the dents. I have never had a car that dings so easily. Other panels seem to be fine, hood, front fenders, rear quarters etc, it just affects the doors, particularily rear.

Any body else have similar experience?

I have the same problem on my '04 Forester XT. I park far away from everyone but still get dents somehow. My problem area is the front fenders above the wheel well.

I went into the local Subaru Dealer the other day to get a oil change and in the showroom there were 3 Subies with signs on them "DON'T LEAN ON CAR". The manager told me that they pay way too much money to the dent repair guy weekly because the cars dent so easily. Go figure....

Reply to
Y2KRedMustang

You think your hood is okay? Just wait until your first hail storm...

Reply to
P T