2004 H6 Sedan Starting Problem

My wife's 2004 H6 Sedan would not start this morning. It cranked over but was not firing. The car has never had problems starting in the past and has a mere 13,000 miles on it. Any thoughts? Looks like I might have to tow this puppy to the dealer.

Reply to
TC Hazzard

Call the dealer. Subaru will tow it for you under warrantee. Must be towed on a flat-bed truck.

Reply to
Alan

Also. I had it happen once or twice. I waited about a minute and tried again. Started right up.

Reply to
Alan

My 2002 H6 does this occasionally. I've learned to recognize when it happens and I blip the throttle a little bit and it starts right up. Happens about 3 or 4 times a year, mostly right after a large temperature variation between night (cold) and day. It's almost like the cold start fuel trim sets too rich and the little amount of air I ad by blipping the throttle evens things out.

Reply to
Skweezieweezie

On the 2002 there's a new program for the ECU. It seems that in cold weather (even moderately warm 50degF) the various parameters for fuel/air would be outside the 'windows' and it wouldn't feed the right amount of fuel. There's a TSB and fix for. I had the same problem on my 2002 and now it starts everytime. You might want to look into on the 2004 also.

Reply to
null