2004 Transmission Filter

My 2004 Forester is at the 30K major maintenance point and I intend to perform all of the recommended items. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty located a non-Subaru transmission filter (spin-on). The only filters I have found locally are by Wix and Hastings and are engine oil filters. One local parts guy says that he believes the txm filters are different (will capture smaller particles) and the engine oil filter should not be used. Others have said not to change the filter, just the fluid. Comments and sources for real txm filters, etc would be welcome. thanks.

Reply to
Tony P

bigjim

Reply to