2004 WRX automatic - Pedals, and questions: autoadjusting mirror w/compass, armrest extension.

Hooray, just picked up my 'ru today, beautiful drive....

but.... isn't it supposed to have the aluminum alloy pedals? I have plain black rubber floor pedals.

Does anyone have the auto-adjusting mirror and can comment on it?

Any comments on the armrest extension? I found that the bin under the armrest is a tad small, I prpbably will put it in the first time I bring it in for service.

Reply to
Sam Soltan

Only the manual-transmission WRX has the aluminum pedals. The automatic has standard rubber-covered ones.

No, but the same question had occurred to me - I'll defer to someone else's expertise.

It is nice to have - kind of expensive for what's basically a piece of plastic, though.

Reply to
Edward J. Neth

I guess it depends what country you are in but in the US, they do come with alloy sport pedals.

I had a bone stock subaru and later added the factory turbo gauge, armrest and autodimming mirror. I love all 3! The rearview is a piece of work--it adjusts the dimming perfectly! The armrest initially interfered a little with my shifting but I since have altered how I shift so it isn't a problem and the added storage space is definitely welcome. It is even two tiered which is extra nice.

CW

Reply to
CW

only manual transmission WRX's come with the sport alloy pedals..automatics only come with regular rubber ones.

Reply to
Dave

you can get sti ones for autos

trev

I think the alloy pedals only come with the manual tranny, not with the granny tranny.

Reply to
K R Larkin