2006 OBW Limited Package & Manual Transmission

The Subaru web site indicates that the 2006 Outback wagon can be purchased (in the US) with both the Limited package and a manual transmission. However, my local dealer just told me that Subaru stopped making the OBW Limited with manual transmission. Can anyone confirm what he is telling me, or is he just trying to sell me what he has on his lot?

Vic Roberts

-- Vic Roberts Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

Reply to
Victor Roberts

You don't mention 2.5 or 3.0 but anyway it is difficult to tell, you might look around (better yet - email Joe) at

.

Could be your dealership doesn't want to order one, call another dealer.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Subaru would be shooting themselves in the foot if that happened. I can't believe that...

I just did a quick search on the FlatIrons Subaru site

and they're got plenty of 06 OBW Limited with a MT in 2.5i or 2.5T, but none with the 3.0.

Reply to
Dino

Believe.

Way back in 2001, Limiteds and LL Beans were auto only.

To get a manual, I had to buy the base OBW.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the Ford F150 is still automatic only, in any trim.

Reply to
Bonehenge

That's incorrect. I have a 2001 Limited Edition that is 5spd manual.

F150 only comes in manual 5spd in the 4.6l engine.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

I wonder if that's a regional thing? I really wanted the Limited with a 5 speed in '01, and was told by 3 different CT dealers "no way, no how!". In what general area are you located?

The Beans were H6, so the auto-only made sense.

That would only make sense, but there wasn't a manual available when I was shopping for a 2005 pickup truck. The lack of a stick was one of the reasons I passed on the F150. At the time, the only manual 4.6L was in the 2004 "Heritage Edition", A.K.A. the old style body.

Reply to
Bonehenge

When I bought my 97 OBW I could not get the Limited with manual so I bought the base model instead. This was not only per the dealer but also per the official Subaru brochure.

-- Vic Roberts Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

Reply to
Victor Roberts

Sorry - 2.5i.

That's what I was thinking.

-- Vic Roberts Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

Reply to
Victor Roberts

I live in WV, however I bought this car used just this past December. I traced the car to have been orginially sold in Denver Colorado at the time.

My one friend who got a 2001/2002 F150 got it with a stick and 4.6l engine at the time with the older style body, extended cab, 6' bed and didn't have any problems doing so. His younger brother who also got a truck for a graduation present got one in 2004 with the new body style, auto, same stats as above and said the dealership told him that Ford no longer made any manual transmissions for the F150 series. He said they told him that manuals were for the F250 diesel, and F350 gas/diesel trucks.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Which is exactly what I wrote.

2004- old body = manual available

2004+ new body = auto only.

As far as the Subie went, maybe they didn't sell manual Limiteds in New England, which is rather weird due to the car's popularity, but not necessarily out of the question. I still had to order my base wagon with a stick, as all three area dealerships only had automatics in my chosen color. They had plenty of Impreza sticks in stock, but very OBW's.

I recently bought a 4WD 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, with the 6 speed manual. None of the local stealerships had a TRD Off-Road with a manual, so we waited 6 weeks for it. All of the manuals in stock were base, 2WD, 4 cyl versions, like the auto parts stores use for delivery.

Maybe outside of sports cars, we manual buyers are fading away...

Reply to
Bonehenge

Except the 2006 F-150 XL still has the 5-speed manual listed as standard with 4.2L EFI V6 Engine.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Yup, XLT and other models have no manual transmission for their lowest model engine. Personally I think it's a travesty not to at least offer it to those who like trucks and shifting gears.

Reply to
Bradley Walker