2006 or 2007 Forester Questions

Hi,

Could you shed some lights on my following two questions?

1) Does Forester 2006 or 2007 use Timing Belt or Timing Chain? If timing belt, what is recommended replacement interval?

2) Is Forester 2006 or 2007's engine a of type non-interference or interference?

I read through couple of posts and learned the older models of Forester may have interference engine and timing belt, but could not find further information on the newer model lines.

Many thanks for your information.

Reply to
scott.jiang

Foresters have 2.5 L interference engines with timing belt that gets replaced at 105,000 miles.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Blair,