2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i SOHC 4EAT

My transmission will not shift into sport mode. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Reply to
Jeff

How is the fluid? Did you look at it?

What fluid color, level, milage, when was last changed? How did this happen? Suddenly or slowly and progressively over time?

If you can provide some additional info maybe someone can diagnose, provide ideas.

My general recommendation is to replace tranny fluid. Several times!

Possibly with the addition of transmission flush chemical like Lubeguard's, or Gunk's transmission flush. I've had good results with Gunk's transmission flush product, used on 2000 Impreza L Auto with the 2.2L engine.

This product has been discontinued, but is still available in some places, e-bay for example. Use very cautiously if transmission has been neglected, if fluid is very dirty, has never been changed, etc.

Obviously, the idea is to clean the tranny so if anything is stuck there because of accumulation of dirt, varnish, it will get unstuck and repair itself. If tranny is really dirty this process of cleaning has to be very gradual otherwise junk that gets loose may kill the transmission.

Basia

Reply to
abjjkst