2006 Tribeca Limited

I am looking a Tribeca and Toyota Highlander. They seem comperable. Anyone have thought about these cars and which would be preferred amd why. Looking to move shortly while lease rates are still great and the lease rate is 0%.

Thanks

RPR

Reply to
RPR

The Highlander dosen't scare children like an ugly witch.

I liked my Outback's abilities enough to live with the styling, but GOD, the Tribeca is a butt ugly car.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

I love my 98 Legacy GT but the new grill styling adopted for the new Tribeca and Impreza should cost the designer his job - " Butt ugly " is an understatement. I won't be buying one despite the fine engineering by Subaru. The Highlander ( Lexus RX 300 ) is a good looking, well engineered machine ( my wife has one and loves it ) that holds its resale better than most. Aesthetics is a big factor in customer appeal and thereby retained value. Add the head gasket problems to an ugly puss and you've got a tough sell ...and even tougher resale.

Reply to
Ja

I'm still waiting for a Japanese car named the "Seppuku"

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Didn't GM have an early electric vehicle named the Impact.

smart - very smart......

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I would go with the Toyota Highlander.

The Tribeca is a very ugly looking car that needs a refreshening before it becomes mainstream. I would wait for at least a mid-cycle refreshening before buying it. In the meantime you should look at the Legacy Wagon and Legacy Outback as an alternative, unless you really need the 7 passenger seating.

Reply to
John C

Would you settle for a Forester? I drove one, very impressed. If I was looking for a mild-mannered non-suv suv, that would be it. I know two guys who had them, loved them, and survived horrible crashes, walked away. Great cars.

Reply to
ibuildthings

that's a good idea, although I am expecting to buy a little sooner. Perhaps I should cruise their website for news on when the 07 is coming. I can hold out.

Reply to
ibuildthings

Forester is very small compared to outback .

Reply to
bigjim

I'd put the Honda Odyssey on your list. I know, it may be too 'soccer mom' for ya - but it's as sweet a ride as the Toy. It was another that I considered before we bought our OBW - it was just a little outside our price range at the time.

carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

How about the Chevy "Nova", which in French and Spanish means "Doesn't Go"

Reply to
Dominic Richens

I understand that Pajero as in Mitsubishi Pajero (sold inAustralia) has a few different meanings in different languages also...

Reply to
Phil