2006 vs 2005 forester Consumer Reports ratings?

Hi All,

I am on a used car hunt. I have a line on a

2006 forrester that looks good.

The Comsumer's Reports used car buying guide for 2007 says that the 2005 forrester is a good buy. I haven't got my hands on the 2008 guide yet.

Does anyone know if the 2006 forrester did as well or better than the 2005?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

I have an '05, its basically the same as '06. The tail light looks different, but mechanically they're the same. Had an '03 which was totaled, it was identical to my '05. Consumer Reports says the new model this spring will be a larger redesign with stability control.

Reply to
mred

Thank you!

Reply to
ToddAndMargo

You might look around at

for some model info by year.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:39:53 -0500, ToddAndMargo wrote (in article ):

Forester is in the list of Best of the Best for models from 1998-2007, and the 2006 is specifically listed among the Good Choices in the $16-$18,000 price range, the 2007 in the $18-$20,000 price range.

Reply to
John Varela

are the engine heat vents functional on WRX/STI and are they really needed that the 2.5 engine does not take up a lot of space in the engine bay?

osamahornifukus

Which "engine heat vents" do you mean ??

Reply to
Bugalugs

the ones in the back of the wheel fenders in the 08 WRX/STI pics on the url provided by Carl and subsequently copied into the post that you replied to.

Reply to
osamahornifukus