2008 Forester vs 2007....

Hi,

I've just begun my research on purchasing a 2007 Forester. Got a quote of $26,300 for Forester LL Bean edition. This is includes the $1000 rebate. Dealer says this is $200 over her costs...

Car includes - sunroof, heated seats, heated side mirrors,6 disc cd changer, power seat and leather....

Is this a deal???

In her email she mentioned the 2008 Forester will be out in May. Is it worth me to wait to see if the price would be lower on the 2007 model with the 2008's in stock.

I can easily wait till mid to late May to purchase....

What will the differences be in the 2008 over the 2007? Anyone know?

John W.

Reply to
milkroute

Including the 3% they get back from Subaru ("holdback") when the car sells, or not?

Run it through edmunds.com

Dealer costs won't change, and since Subarus tend to remain in demand fairly steadily, I wouldn't expect to be able to achieve anything too dramatic in clearing out old inventory.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

It _could_ be that the forester is riding on the new impreza frame or it could be a carryover. If I have to guess it's the carryover. Unlike impreza forrester probably does not need much aside from the lexus rx300 outerly bodily shapes treatment so why would you even care besides the negligible difference in price? Don't really like the brick look? As impreza 08 front end demonstrates not all changes are for the better :-)

Reply to
Body Roll