2010 Subaru remote starter

Has anyone got anything to report regarding after market remote starters on their 2010 Outbacks?

With the security modules and special keys I'm concerned something could get seriously messed up, at my expense!

Reply to
Jim

To do a remote starter with any vehicle with an immobilizer key, you need to give up one of your keys which gets installed into a bypass module that is hidden in the vehicle to allow it to start with the remote. A competent installer should have no problem with it, but be sure they have experience with your particular vehicle and have access to the wiring diagrams. Another issue is whether the car has a manual or automatic trans. If it's manual most shops won't touch it due to the potential liability involved, and only some of the remote starters are designed to accomodate a manual.

Reply to
mulder

Subaru does offer a remote starter kit

Reply to