30,000miles maintenance check on Subaru Legacy (2005)

After Jiffy lube broke the oil stick and left it in my previous car (they didn't tell me and I found out when I took the car to the dealer for maintenance check), I have been using a dealer for all the service for my Subie. I search and found this link

I must say that I was never charged $50.00 for oil change. i havebeen doing oil change at every 3000 miles or 3 months whichever comesfirst. It's usually $30.00 w/ a $3.00 coupon plus they washed thecar.

My Subie is at 27,??? miles now. My 3 year warranty will expire in about 3 week. So, I have made an appointment for 30K miles maintenance check and was told that it would be $419.00 - i am in CA - and would take 5 hours; I asked for the the items to be done.Note: I am posting here not to get approval whether i should take it to the dealer or not. there is no one else I trust more. They have done some warranty work for me such as carpet separating and replacing the lining of the windows. Also, their location is convenient.

Of course, I will get a breakdown (itemized list) when I go there. The list fo 30, K service at the thread seems to be what I was told along with break check. Since I just put new tires and do not need rotations (+ tire place will do rotation and balance check for free), I ask them not to do tire rotation but they won't reduce the fee.

I will look at the manual for 30K service list today or before I go. If any of you has any recommendation and in fact can provide the list for 30K mils maintenance check list, I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
curious

Here's the maintenance schedules for Subies. Being in Canuckistan shouldn't make much difference.

Ragnar

I got hosed by dealer because I just dropped car off and told them to do

30,000 service without getting details or price. Next time, I will look at Subaru recommended service and just request specific items.
Reply to
Frank

Typical dumbass American talk

Reply to
curious

I just had 30k service done on my wife's outback 3.0 and the bill ran to $600. Knew it was coming and didn't want to whine since they had treated me well when my WRX threw a con rod at 40k and they replaced the short block, clutch, pressure plate, timing belt, etc under warranty and loaned me a jaguar S-type during the repair.

The OB service covered everything down to new wiper blades, replaced brake pads and fluid, flushed tranny fluid, and included replacing fluids in all 3 differentials, a job I wouldn't want to take on myself (once made the mistake of doing it in an SUV in winter (any guesses on how slowly 90w gear fluid flows at 20 degrees F? Drop by drop, it became an all-day job). Always check the list of items included in the service and if it's not in the factory schedule, you can have it deleted and the price adjusted. If the dealer doesn't agree to do that, find another dealer. Also, you should be covered if a reputable shop does the service and follows Subaru specs (including using Subie parts rather than Pep boys belts and hoses).

Reply to
suburboturbo