425HP US spec STi announced for '05

I just read the Feb issue of SubieSport magazine. The had a picture of the ESX special edition STi scheduled to be available in limited numbers (whatever that means) in January 2005.

I supposedly packs 425HP and a host of other refinements and upgrades.

They don't list a price, but that's not a huge omission for me, I doubt I can afford it, anyway. The pic's georgeous, though!

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

I believe the number is 555.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Joiner

Don't know how accurate this is but I heard 4.6 million YEN which is

44,800USD.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Joiner

Five-fifty five sounds like the quantity of S203's to be made. Not the same model, I believe...

Reply to
CompUser

I think you may be off about 100 hp. The article states 325 hp. That's only a 25 hp increase.

You can more than double that with a few aftermarket mods. Not that impressive an improvement if you ask me. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Different car.

The one in SubieSport magazine is written up as 425HP (I double checked, I've CERTAINLY been known to be wrong!).

I'll trade for the wing off the car you found, though!

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

I thought it may have been a typo because it is rated at 422-nm of torque. I haven't heard of a factory 425 hp STi being released. And I couldn't find anything on Subaru's website or any of the STi websites. I did find some info here:

But, none of this is factory stuff. It is all aftermarket stuff. 125 additonal HP from these guys will cost you $10,000! I'd just as soon trade my STi for a Corvette and come out ahead. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

... and the WR1 was available in limited numbers too. In that case, wasn't it less than 100? Investment in a normal STi is as safe as it's always been.

Reply to
k. ote.