6-disc CD Changer

Will the factory 6-disc CD Changer work with aftermarket head units?

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

The OEM Subaru changers (at least the current ones) are a "double height" combination head/changer. No way to separate them, no line level outputs available either. FWIW, they are a fairly decent units. OEM Subaru speakers, on the other hand, are crap; if you're looking to upgrade, that's the place to start.

ByeBye! S.

I have an 02 Forester with the 6-CD changeer - I seem to hear a slight noise coming from it often, like the CD is just spinning up or something, ... is this normal? Its not a loud sound, but if thats a sign of trouble to come I want to get it in for repair before the warranty runs out.

Reply to
Mike

S wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Not entirely true. Subaru has a head unit with AM/FM/Cassette and 6-disc changer that is double height. They also have a single height 6-disc changer. Both can be found here:

I would assume that it should work fine with other head units but cannot verify that for sure.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic