90 Legacy A/C

I suspect there is a leak. But, this is an R12 system :( My shop said I might be able to convert to 134a but it's gonna cost ~ $175 and then they can start to trouble shoot a leak. Are there any better options? Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Not really. The only way to find the leak is to at least partially charge the system and add dye to trace where it is leaking out. Once the leak is found it can be repaired. You should also be aware that if the system has been empty and exposed to atmosphere for any length of time, the receiver-dryer will be contaminated and need replacement. If you are not prepared to spend some money for the full diagnosis and repair including the R134 conversion, you'll have to do without AC. It's up to you.

Reply to
mulder