91 liberty auto losing power up slow incline anyone????

hey guys is anyone else had or experiencing the same problem as we are it happens as mentioned going up a long slow incline generally losing power to the point where it shakes and then stops so far mechanics 3 of them have suggested from lifters (replacing them), to oil flushes @ $150 each (did 3 of these, now flushing the oil ourselves when the problem increases) we have replaced fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator (most improvement so far), spent $$$ on oil flushes (mechanics suggest this the problem, although it fixes it short term it has never been a permanent resolve we have come to the conclusion it is definately fuel related and at this point we are considering replacing the fuel injector o rings and the insulator on the underside of the caps

please if anyone has any suggestions we would love to hear from you.

Reply to
Julie

Edward Hayes

Julie,

I have no idea how prone Subaru's are to this but I recall a car I worked on years ago with a complaint of losing power only after long moderate pulls and it turned out to be carbon build up on the valves. Has anyone done a compression and/or a leak-down test on the engine?

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P

possible clogged catalytic converter - especially if this symptom is more likely or worse when car is hot or has been driven for a while. Also, I THINK I recall a fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator causing this too.

Carl

Julie wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan