92 subaru loyale ongoing..375,000 & counting..

U got like'm... 1.8 engine, I wonder with the gas prices going up whether it would run on homemade alcohol and gas solution.. Sure would be different. or will my 92 subaru become a sort after vehicle because of the fuel economy.. lols..

I am finally straightening the heat/ac situation in it. Few winters ago my Heater core let go, and it was too cold to fool with it, so I took the heating hoses and ran it through the ac system.. it worked for the rest of the winter the car was warm.. Now I have the time to take apart my dashboard and everything else to replace the heatercore and get back my ac for this summer. lols.. been saying that every summer..

Thinking of putting in a sunroof in it.. would look pretty good..

The only gripe I have ever had was when I had 5 full size adults in it, going up a hill.. the 1.8 definitely didnt have enough hp for that one.. now if I had used some of that homemade whiskey hummmmm..

Almost time to replace the timing/cam belts..ouch definitely replace those every 60,000 miles or else... u are driving on a expressway, the car suddenly stops running.. Now I wonder why lols...

When I first bought the car in 92.. after awhile the check engine lite came on.. hummm I said,, I opened the hood.. yup.. checked the engine,, fluids check, airfilter good.. yup.. no smoke coming from the engine yup.. Looked good to me, so I closed the hood, and started the motor and the check engine lite came back on.. hummm I said,, well the engine sounds fine to me, no white smoke, so I put some electrians tape on the check engine lite and havent noticed it since.. los.. My daughter calls it the last loyale seen in Massachusetts.. Not many.. yuppers me and the loyale have gone through alot of growing pains......

Well got to go and fill up the gas tank should be about lets see about 15.00 dollars should do it..

.
Reply to
frank ray

Edward Hayes

Well I've had an 86 GL (Loyale) for over 18 years. I wouldn't call the mileage great (My 90 Legacy 2litre, w/ AC does 6mpg better with more power) But in terms of MPD (Miles per Dollar) it's been great. It was originally my wides wedding present January 86, brought my first born son home from the hospital in it, now I've just given it to him as his first car. I am waiting to take delivery of a 2004 Forester XS.

My 300,000+ car is a 1985 XT GL-10 Turbo and is the car I drove from here in Walla Walla to Gainesville Florida last fall for my son's wedding. It is also our main car and still runs around 43 MPG except in Nebraska were it dropped 10 miles per gallon. It doesn't like alcohol I guess. The next tank went right back up about where it usually runs but on the way back, Nebraska gas did the same thing. Odd to me that it would be that drastic. I'll plan differently after this and avoid buying gas in that state like I do Oregon. (I don't like them in Oregon having to pump my gas as they are not careful to put the gas cap back on tight and they also mess up the threads on the pipe making it hard to even get the cap back on.) I can get a classic licence plate here soon for that car and never have to buy another!

Reply to
JW