93 impreza coolant temperature sensor location

Hi All My daughter's car's check engine light recently came on and the next morning it became hard starting. Once it runs, it seems to run fine. Checking by mating the two black diagnostics plugs, the ECU flashes code 21, which - according to all posts - is the coolant temperature sensor.

I did find that the left fan connector was off (probably due to 'service' having done). Replugged it, but the condition still exists. The fans also immediately come on.

Could anyone tell me where this sensor is located?

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
remcow

Hello again After some looking around, it seems like this sensor is located on the intake manifold, near where the coolant enters the engine - is that right? I see two sensors: one with one connection, one with two connections.

I take it that it must be the two wire sensor? This reads around 1K at

70 degrees F. If that is the sensor, is that about right?

Thanks in advance for any light you might shed on this.

Remco

Reply to
remcow