93 Legacy Turbo - no front screen washer

The other day my front screen washer dies. Both front and rear wipers work OK. Rear screen washer OK. CD wiring diagram shows only fuse No. 2 feeding all wipers and washers. Checked for power to front washer motor - nothing. However can hear a relay clicking when I move control from stop to intermittent. Is this significant? Any suggestions, please.

Reply to
fopetesl

My first guess is the pump motor has seized but you stated no power to the motor. No power to the motor points to a failed relay.

Reply to
johninky

...relay. Or possibly a loose/corroded connection. Or a broken wire. Worst case scenario: If the vehicle is routinely parked outdoors overnight don't discount the possibility of rodents nibbling on wires -- I had over $500 worth of damage to a relatively new pickup from rodents of some sort destroying the wiring to injectors and a sensor.

But with luck it will prove to be something easy like a relay or the pump.

Reply to
John McGaw

OK, guys. Thanks. I looked thro my CD and it doesn't show any relay I could find. Which and where is this relay?

Reply to
fopetesl