.95 Clutch Replacement

What are people paying for a '95 Clutch replacement? I am getting quotes of around $600 - have 144,000 miles on original clutch - anything else I should have done while they're in there?

Reply to
David Shepard

Depends on what does the "clutch replacement" consist of ? new pressure plate+ new clutch disk+ new through out bearing ??? eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Verify that you're getting the following:

New clutch New pressure plate New throwout bearing New pilot bushing

The flywheel probably needs to be resurfaced.

If I were doing it to my car, I'd probably rebuild the master and slave clutch cylinders as well.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Edward Hayes

...except that 95's have a cable clutch :-)

Reply to
Dominic Richens