95 Impreza died again - fuel delivery related this time

Hi all After putting the engine in last week, the car ran fine for days and today it died again.

Looking at it, I am not getting fuel going into the filter. When I turn the key to start, there's no fuel flow at all. Checked the voltage on the fuel pump - nothing. Clearly the pump is not being powered.

I hear a "click click" when I turn the key to the position before start - that noise is coming from the fuel pump relay, I take it? That 'click--click' is the relay applying voltage to the pump to prime the fuel pressure, right?

Where is that relay located? (it got late and couldn't figure out where it came from, laying upside down looking up into the dash). Where does the fuel pump pick up its ground?

As a side point, with me having had the engine out, are there connections from the engine that would cause the fuel pump to not run? (I almost doubt it, but I ask just in case there are some weird 'gotchas' in play when it comes to the fuel pump..)

Thanks, guys! Remco

Reply to
Remco