95 Legacy needs backing plates

Vehicle has rear disc brakes with ABS. I need to replace the backing plates as one is rusting out and the other is following suit. To my surprise the typical auto parts dealers, AutoZone, NAPA, FAP, dont carry these. Are these plate dealer-only parts? I see the 1stsubaruparts.com has them for $91.74 ea. Anyone knw of a less expensive source?

And for the sake of argument, what would happen if I just removed the backing plates and didnt replace them? Now that I think about it, the ABS sensors mount here, dont they......

Reply to
John