96 Legacy L wagon Timing Belt interval

Hi folks, I'm looking at a 96 Legacy L wagon with the 2.2 eingine and it has

65K miles on it. Wondering what the timing belt interval is on it and what other concerns at that milage. Thanks!

Jim Redmond, WA

Reply to
Jim Lofgren

Dominic Richens

it should just have had the big 60K maintenance (incl timing belt). If not, negotiate ~800$ off the asking price :-)

Reply to
Dominic Richens

The owner is not available...how can I tell by raising the hood? I suppose the engine should be fairly clean on the end where the belt is, but there may be no way of knowing without tearing it down?.......Thanks!.....$800.00?...ouch

Reply to
Jim Lofgren

800$ is for more than just the timing belt. Check the alternator and A/C utility belts. Is the air filter clean? Mine has about 20,000km on it and there is just a little bit of dirt on the bottom edge. The top of my fuel filter is also the same age and the top is all discoloured from the salty Ottawa winters.

If you have no prior maintenance records, try phoning around the various Subaru dealers with the VIN and ask them if they have the car on record.

Reply to
Dominic Richens

What is the owner asking ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

I guess it's gone...I procrastinated......$5K

Reply to
Jim Lofgren

Ah. I am looking at a 95 AWD L with 115K miles on it for $3850 for a kid car. I will probably wait too long also.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

I got a '95 FWD sedan with 65K for $3200.

Found it > > I guess it's gone...I procrastinated......$5K

Reply to
Rob Aries