'96 Legacy Outback remote programming

How do I program a new remote? There's no mention in the owner's manual. On my '99 OBS I held in the button under the dash until the locks cycled 3 times, then pushed the lock button on the remote. I tried that on my '96 Legacy but I hear a few clicks, the locks cycle once, I push the remote, and it does nothing. I can't say for sure that it's the correct remote, but according to several ebay listings it is.

TIA, Rick

Reply to
rick

A local dealer can do that for you - maybe free. Most of the instructions are also located at

.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Russ added a remote to his '95. He used a '96 remote package and posted the instructions, check them out...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka