96 OBW overheating

As others who have posted messages, I have had the same overheating problem with my 96 OBW that has 163,000 miles. All things considered, I am not that broken up over it. About every two weeks I have to add about a pint of anti-freeze.

Can removing the thermostat help the matter for the Spring and Summer, if it lasts?

By the way, I am buying a 2004 Outback Sedan LTD. Any opinions on my choice? Thanks.

Reply to
RAJP53

Removing the thermostat could cause the car to run poorly or even cause severe engine damage depending on what the problem is...get it diagnosed before it's too late. TG

Reply to
TG