96 SVX LSi pricing info needed

I'm trying to help a friend's widow sell his 1996 SVX LSi, so I'm trying to get an idea of what the best price might be for this model and the best place to try selling it to a serious collector. It has less than 1000 miles and is probably the closest thing you can get to showroom condition. I'm still trying to find out all the details on installed options beyond "it's got everything". Does anyone have an idea of what a collector might pay for this? Also, what is a good place to sell - auction (like Kruse International) or ad in Hemming's or maybe a car club event? The car is in western Michigan (near Ludington).

Reply to
JaX

you should DEFINITELY post this at the forums on

a lot of serious soob folks there.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

JaX wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks very much!

Reply to
JaX

A 96 with only 1000 miles on it is intriquing. What's the rest of the story? Has it just been sitting in one spot for the last 7 years? The Kelly blue book for private buyers for a 96 in excellent condtion with very low miles is $10,860. There's a bunch of late model SVXs on Trader online for 6 to 7 thousand with middle range milage.

There were very few options. The LSis came with almost everything. A rear spoiler was about it. The 96s all came with all wheel drive.

After sitting so long, does the car run? Has the gas turned to varnish. Is the oil like jello? Are the tires as flat as the battery must be?

I have a SVX and I love it, but I don't think that there are many SVX collectors out there. Most people just dirive them until the price of replacing wheel bearings, timing belts and transmissions force them into something else.

Curious.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Rech