97 impreza, starting

I have a '97 Impreza (130k miles) that has started taking longer to start. It used to start right away within a second or two, now it takes 4-5 seconds of the starter going to start. The car runs very smoothly once it's started and there seems no loss of power. In fact it drives and idles as it always has, it's just taking longer to start. The battery is fairly new and doesn't sound like the starter is struggling. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

Reply to
Greg R

When did you last change the plugs?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

That is one of my first suspicions, it has been a very long time (last done around 50,000 if I recall). But wouldn't I also see decreased performance/mpg if the plugs were due for changing? Maybe not, I'm not very knowledgable in this area. Would old plugs/wires cause starting delays? Thanks for your response!!

Reply to
Greg R