'97 Outback - Where's windshield washer reservoir for rear washer?

Hi,

I have a 1997 Outback Wagon, and I'm wondering where the reservoir for the rear windshield washer fluid is?

I've seen some posts indicating that some years it was just the single reservoir under the hood, but ours is full, but we got just a little out the rear windshield washer today, but then it stopped, so I'm wondering if there's a separate reservoir somewhere? When I try to spray, I can hear the motor, but nothing comes out anymore (again the reservoir under the hood is full)...

Thanks in advance!!

Jim

Reply to
Ohaya

As far as I remember it is shared with front. Just uses a different pump.

Reply to
Greg

Hi,

So, I'm wondering what could the problem be?

I thought it might've been frozen (been cold here), but when I tried it today, I got some spray initially, which then stopped completely.

Ideas??

Reply to
Ohaya

Do you hear the pump run? If so get a small pin and try cleaning the nozzle, it's common for nozzles to clog on any car. If that doesn't work check for washer fluid dripping out from the car denoting a leak in the hose.

Reply to
Greg

Yes, I can hear the pump run.

I'll try the pin, but again, when I tried yesterday, there was some spray (about 4-6"), then stopped completely, which seems to indicate that it isn't a clog?

Reply to
Ohaya

When it "stops completely" do you still hear the pump? If so and you see no leaks then you have a lot of crud (a technical term meaning sludge or scale) in the line that keeps getting pumped to the nozzle. Try removing the nozzle and run the pump to flush the line.

Reply to
Greg

Greg,

Thanks.. Ok, so how to remove the nozzle? I have a Haynes manual, and I saw a picture showing that it's attached to a clear hose, but there wasn't any info on how to remove the nozzle assembly...

Reply to
Ohaya