98 Impreza Knock Sensor

I have a 98 subaru impreza 2.2L. I got a bad knock sensor code at a chain repair shop. I just can't find any diagrams on where it's located and if it's a job that I can do myself. I am moderately mechanically inlcined, and would like to save on labor rates. Any help would be greatley appreciated. Thanks, Seth

Reply to
Seth Learned

Hi Seth I got a 72 hour subscription to techinfo.subaru.com (it will run out tomorrow) and downloaded the procedure for the knock sensor replacement for you. Yours is a DOHC, right? Email me and I'd be happy to send it to you. Remco

Reply to
Remco

Reply to
Seth Learned via CarKB.com

Good - glad it worked out for you. I am in a similar predicament as the fuel pump relay was hiding. Just could not find the D@#$% thing. I found it the other day after I downloaded the manual but now I have to figure out how to get to it as it is buried up in the dash.

The timing belt is actually not super hard to replace - I just did my daughter's impreza a couple of weeks ago. Let me know if you want to procedure to see if you can do it.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I have a 96 Legacy Outback and it's at 195K so a timing belt change is coming. If you have a chance, I'd appreciate it if you could send the procedure to me. I'm not sure I'll do it myself but if it's not TOO involved I may give it a shot. Thanks!

Regards, Mike >> Thank you very much. But I did it the hard way. I just went to Subaru >> and

Reply to
Bill

Sure -- I've emailed it to you just now. Let me know if you get stuck.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Ooops! Sorry...that email is a fake to avoid spam. Try comndr AT hotmail.com.

Thanks Remco.

Mike

Reply to
Bill

You got mail!

I didn't get anything back from the hoho address so some poor sucker is looking at my email, wondering "wtf??" :)

Reply to
Remco

Reply to
Seth Learned via CarKB.com

Sure - be happy to. Unfortunately, I can't tell what your email address is so just bounce me an email.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Reply to