98 Legacy L wagon, can I install power seats

I have a 98 Legacy L wagon that is in good condition and that I like. One major issue is that the front seats are uncomfortable for my wife, mostly because they are too low. (She usually sits in the passenger seat but occasionally drives the car.) I was wondering how difficult it would be to install power seats in both front positions, either by just installing the power mechanisms or by changing the seats to use seats out of a fancier Subaru with the same body but power seats, such as a GT or outback. I know many models came with driver side power seats, I don't know of any that came with them on the passenger side.

If anyone has any useful experience with this subject, I would appreciate a reply. thank you.

Reply to
Norwoodnat

You may find it cheaper and easier to get something like an Obisform (sp?) cover. The Legacy does feel very low to the ground, and I could never get the seat/steering wheel in the right place, until I got a seat cover and put a wedge seat cushion under it, to rase the back of the seat about 1 inch.

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens