'98 Outback with high mileage

is it worth getting a '98 legacy outback with a mileage of 280,000 km? with such high mileage, i'm assuming the head gasket and timing belt have been replaced at least once or twice. would there be any foreseeable problems with this car, and is the subaru engine and transmission still good at such high mileage?

thanks, chuck

Reply to
Chuckles

They could be just fine...just depends on how it runs/drives and how many $s. I had a Legacy with over 3000,000 and have a ,95 now with 225,000 and a '99 outback with 125,000. TG

Reply to
TG

Over 3 million is exceptional :)

Reply to
Jim Stewart
300,000

Reply to
TG

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

I suggest you lurk here for a while. Personally I prefer the 2.2 Legacy. What year are you interested in? Leaks are an issue with Subaru's, check the timing cover area and cam covers...wheel bearing noise, about it I guess. Repairs are simple and cheap so if no problems beyond these just make sure it looks, drives and runs well. Interested in one of mine? I'm in Montana. TG

Reply to
TG