'99 OB screeching noise

I just bought a 1999 Outback. Sometimes when I start the car I hear screeching noises. After a few minutes of driving the noise disappears. Any suggestion?

Thanks

D.

Reply to
db

Check & adjust drive belts? Check water pump & alternator both ok? Check cambelt changed at required interval(s)? Let out mother in law? Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Aircon compressor idler pulley?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I would check the following in order. PS belt>AC belt if using>alternator>PS pump>timing belt idlers(this will be a pain to do).

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Check the alternator belt. The starter has just taken a chunk of power out of the battery and the alternator is working harder to put it back. As a result it is harder to turn, so puts a strain on teh belt which is not as tight as it could be.

My 2c

Reply to
Bugalugs